The Pilates Powerhaus is a boutique Pilates studio in Old Town, Alexandria, offering a contemporary style of Pilates for clients of all ages and physical abilities. From elite athletes to those suffering from chronic and/or debilitating issues, The Pilates Powerhaus specializes in finding the right Pilates exercises to fit every body.
The studio currently offers:
– Virtual private and semi-private instruction
– Private apparatus instruction (utilizing the Balanced Body Reformer, Combo Chair, Tower, CoreAlign, Step Barrel, TRX® and more)
– Private mat instruction using small equipment and props
– Small group mat instruction
– Seasonal standup paddleboard (SUP) Pilates
– Specialty pre- and post-natal Pilates training
Laura Reiman first found Pilates in 2007 while finishing her bachelor’s degree in Mass Media Communications at the College of Charleston in South Carolina.
She completed her Comprehensive Teacher Training Course with BASI Pilates (Body Arts and Science International) in New York under esteemed faculty members Lisa Hubbard and Brandon Gamble. She then spent six months in Brisbane, Australia, teaching and continuing to learn from BASI faculty members.
Laura is a member of the Pilates Method Alliance and a Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher. She is also a Pre- and Post-Natal Pilates Specialist, certified by The Center for Women’s Fitness by Carolyne Anthony, a certified personal trainer through NASM, and has a master’s in nutrition.
Laura is an avid horseback rider and volleyball player. She loves how the contemporary method, which fuses the exercises and principles behind Joseph Pilates’ work with current understanding of the body and movement, can compliment her other activities.